So, this weekend was a true test of our will. Chris and I had big plans to go to the city to visit Tanya this weekend. I took Friday off so we could get an early start. God had another plan for us. Turns out that there was a storm that was going to hit on Sunday, so we didn't want to take the chance driving. First bubble burst. I had the day off, so we decided to go to Ithaca to get a Keva juice (only THE best smoothie's on the planet) and walk around some. We get there and THE STORE WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY!!! They closed down and we didn't know it. Second bubble burst. We were so upset that we left Ithaca without even walking around the Commons. On our way home we decided to go to Circuit City to get the home theatre system that we have been looking at. We get it, take it outside and realize that whaddyaknow, it won't fit in the "bleeping" car. A girl that works there went inside & got something to break down the box with and we just took everything out to get it home. Almost a third bubble burst. Saturday we got up and started hooking everything up at around 8:30 or so. We got all of the wires run & hid, got it all hooked up and had - NO PICTURE ONLY SOUND. Bubble burst number four. At 8pm we realized we had a bad HDMI cable so we went and exchanged it. Sunday, today, we got it all fixed and things were going great! We had unbelievable sound to go with our new TV. The house was finally looking like a house again! There did turn out to be lots of icy snow, so we decided to go & get Chinese during a lull in the action. This is where we encounter bubble burst number five. We walked in to the restaurant & were "seated" near some people that I really don't believe have showered in about 3 weeks! (On the way out they were asking the staff where wal-mart was, surprise surprise). I turned right around and asked to be re-seated. We wound up sitting in the same isle as these 3 kids who were about as loud as someone would be at a circus. I had to give the one kid evil eye because he was swearing. Then I had to yell because they were yelling at the top of their lungs. I told Chris on the way home to remind me of this experience the next time I say I want to go there. BUT, my mom said that we passed our test because we came out of this weekend still loving each other.
If anyone ever gets the chance to get a Keva smoothie get one. They are awesome! I wish another one would open up here. I really wish the one in Ithaca didn't close!
On a positive note, Chris & I decided to go to NYC for my birthday. So only a few more weeks before we get to go. Also, some killer movies to watch when you get a new big tv and surround sound - the Lord of the Rings trilogy. They sound great and look fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment