Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thank goodness that's over!

Well, today was our annual cookie baking day.  Although these are the best cookies on the face of the earth, making them is a chore.  And not just because I hate baking.  It is a tradition in our family to make candy cane cookies.  This year, because both Diane and I have a kitchen aid, we decided to make 4 double batches.  I repeat - 4 DOUBLE batches.  Yes folks this is a LOT of cookies.  I can't stand to bake in the first place, but rolling all of these cookies to form candy canes is a bit much.  It sure is a lot easier with the 2 kitchen aids!  We did one with white & one with red food coloring.  (well, 2 white and 2 with red food coloring).  That worked well.  After and HOUR of making candy cane's we switched to making balls.  Much much easier.  I don't know how people can stand to make all different kinds of cookies.  We complain about one type.  

But, after 5 hours of mixing, forming and baking we did have a yummy result.  And we have more cookies this year than we have ever had!  I can see the scale moving up in numbers already.  It's a good thing we don't make these a lot!

Tomorrow is Christmas at Chris's dads house.  This is going to be fun.  I didn't have anything to wear, so on my way home from Dianes I stopped at Macy's and got myself 2 new sweaters.  Yay for me.  

Well, Elf is on so I must go and indulge in a little relaxing tv watching!

No comments: